Important! We have separate departure locations for Carriage Tours and Horseback Rides!
Please be careful to make sure you join us at the correct departure locations.
Departure Locations – Know where to go!
1. Horseback Rides (Confederate Trails) – Departure Location
McMillan Woods Campground, 99 SW Confederate Avenue Gettysburg, PA 17325
PLEASE NOTE: The most accurate way to find our location is to use Google Maps, searching Confederate Trails of Gettysburg, this pin is placed directly where you will park your car.
Find us at McMillan Woods:
There are often several horse trailers at the McMillan Woods campground. Just look for the trailer with our name on the front and come check-in for your tour.
Other Important Information:
- All riders are required to sign an insurance waiver. Click this link to complete online. You do not need a paper copy if completed online, Each rider must sign their own waiver. Riders under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian cosign. Please click on the link above, or you can always find the waivers button on the bottom right of your screen at confederatetrails.com +sign our waiver online
to complete online.
- Riders age 8 to 17 must wear a helmet (we provide).
- Riders age 18 and older may decline a helmet with waiver.
- Long pants and close-toed shoes are required.
- We ride rain or shine!
– We look forward to having a great ride together!
2. Carriage Tours (Victorian Carriage Company) – Departure Locations
GETTYSBURG HERITAGE CENTER: Departure location for ALL 2017 CARRIAGES : 297 Steinwehr Ave. Gettysburg, PA 17325
Remember that during prime tour season (mid-June through August) that many of the roads in Gettysburg Borough become congested. Please allow adequate time to arrive at the tour site.
ALL CARRIAGES for the 2017 SEASON DEPART FROM : 297 Steinwehr Avenue, The Gettysburg Heritage Center – next to Appalachian Brewing Company. Plenty of free parking behind buildings.
Receive special offers - join our Mailing List!
Subscribe to our mailing list and find out about special events, discounts and packages, or how to book private events. Subscribe using the short form to the right. Confederate Trails and Victorian Carriage Company are pleased to offer a variety of Gettysburg horseback rides and carriage tours.